- This event has passed.
Class to Learn Simple Sewing with Patterns!
July 20 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Zachary Library is partnering with Fits Sew Perfect Now Sewing & Alterations to bring you free sewing classes!
- Some basic sewing knowledge required.
- Students will be using a pattern and making a pair of pajama shorts or small tote bag.
- Students will learn how to read a pattern, layout & cut fabric, learn about different types of fabric and accessories needed (buttons, elastic, zippers, etc.), how to add elastic, drawstrings, buttons.
- Students do not have to own a sewing machine to take this class. Several sewing machines will be available but students are asked to bring their own if possible.
- Students are asked to bring sewing tools/supplies such as sewing scissors, needles, thread, machine bobbin, pins, etc. if possible. Extras will be available for those that do not have these items available.
- Students should bring 1 yard of fabric and 1 spool of thread if possible
Event Type(s): Arts/ Crafts, Entertainment/ Recreation
Age Group(s): 20somethings, Young Adult (Teens), Adults
Located in the Meeting Room